Zoom Web Conferencing
Last Updated: 07/23/2018
Zoom is a Web, audio & video conferencing tool used for online meetings, group messaging and screen sharing.
To begin using the Zoom, sign in Creighton.zoom.us using your NetID and BluePassword. For detailed instructions for creating a Zoom meeting / webinar, please reference the following tutorials:
- Zoom live training webinars – https://zoom.us/livetraining
- Zoom Help Center – https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/
- 100 concurrent meeting participants
- Unlimited meeting duration
- 1GB of MP4 or M4A cloud recording
- Cloud Recording Transcripts
Learn more about the features by visiting Zoom's Features page.
Zoom is provided for CU students, faculty and staff at no charge.
How to get it
Current all CU students, faculty and staff have access to Zoom with their NetID and BluePassword. Go to Creighton.zoom.us
- Can I use my Mac or iPhone/iPad with Zoom?
Yes. Zoom is hosted in the cloud and provided as a web-based service, so it can be accessed using a PC, Mac, IOS or Android devices.
- What is the difference between Zoom and Skype for Business?
Zoom is recommended for running online meetings and conferences. It also provides useful and effective collaborative environments online that can be used to engage both students and colleagues. While Skype for Business is recommended as the application of choice for daily communications with your office co-workers and invited non-CU colleagues.
Use of Zoom, by faculty, staff and students is governed by Creighton University’s Fair, Reasonable and Acceptable Use Policy (http://www.creighton.edu/fileadmin/user/doit/docs/policies/Fair_responsible_and_acceptable_use_Policy.pdf).
For help contact the myIT Service Desk.