In an effort to streamline operations and meet federal and state regulations, the Division of Information Technology (DoIT) and the Department of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) are modifying the process to dispose of unused Creighton owned computers and their peripherals.
Steps for having computers/electronics moved:
1. Send email to email@example.com for the equipment to be picked up. Please include the following information:
· Number of items
· Description of items (i.e. computers, monitors, printers, box of parts, etc.)
· Building and room number of location for pickup
· Time frame the items can be picked up
· Contact information (especially phone number you can be reached at)
2. If have large amounts of equipment to be moved (more than a car trunk load) or you have more than 10 computers, monitors, and/or printers to be picked up: Please submit a work order through Facilities Management-Moving Services http://www.creighton.edu/vpadmin/facilities/movingservices to have Moving Services pick up the equipment. Please specify on the work request that the items are too large for DoIT to remove.
3. If you have Medical or Scientific/Lab equipment that needs to be disposed, please contact Mary Duda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please understand that, as in the past, Creighton computers may not be donated or given away, either to people at Creighton or outside of Creighton. All Creighton owned computers must be handled by DoIT and EH&S to ensure that disposal is processed properly.
Further, keep in mind that old computers and their parts cannot be held or accumulated. These items are considered universal waste in Nebraska and Creighton must follow strict regulations with regard to labeling and disposal of these items.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation on this.
For more information about the electronics recycle process, please contact one of the following.