Consistent Timeline and Better Buying Power
What the Computer Refresh Program?
Creighton utilizes a predetermined refresh cycle (every four to five years) to ensure standard security protection against viruses and save the University money through volume purchasing. Replacement of outdated University computers has been centralized since July 1, 2013 and has saved thousands of dollars.
- Computers (PCs and Macs) will be replaced every 4 to 5 years
- Unused or rarely used computers are identified and removed, if possible, thus reducing support costs and information security risks.
- Older machines are replaced to provide a consistent platform capable of keeping up with evolving computer needs and standards.
- All upgrades will be coordinated, eliminating the need for departments to order upgrades on an individual basis.
- The Division centrally manages the refresh logistics and scheduling.
- This procedure saves Creighton approximately $100,000 annually.
How do I know when my computer will be refreshed computer?
To check when your computer is due for replacement:
Go to myit.creighton.edu.
Login using your NetID and password.
Select My Equipment from the top menu. Each computer assigned to you is listed with the model, serial number and the scheduled refresh date.
How long is my computer under warranty?
Creighton buys computers with a three-year warranty and self-insures for one year more. To check the warranty for your computer go to doit.creighton.edu/computing-printing/purchase-computer-use/lenovo-warranty-lookup. If the results of your warranty lookup show that your computer is out of warranty, this does not automatically mean you are eligible for a computer refresh. All computers are verified for eligibility prior to processing for a computer refresh.
Call the Service Desk at 402-280-1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.