Breakfast Bytes are short technology presentations covering the technology you have in your office, on your computer, or in your classroom. You can enjoy a cup of coffee, donut or muffin, and a breakfast byte of technology. This is an easy, no cost way to increase your understanding of technology.
- Open to the entire Creighton community
- Sessions normal start at 7:45, but this fall we tryin some "Brunch Bytes".
Upcoming Sessions - Fall 2018
- September 20 - Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) - Location: Skutt 104 - 7:45 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Did you know that Creighton has a new Teaching and Learning Center providing assistance and support for eLearning, faculty development, university assessment, academic program review and institutional effectiveness? Do you need instructional design assistance with your course? Whether you are new to teaching or looking to shake it up and do something different, come and learn more about what the TLC can do for you!
- October 25 - Cybersecurity at Creighton - Location: Harper 3027 - Time Change: 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Cybersecurity – it sounds so mysterious and techy but if we are not vigilant, our secure information could be compromised in one click. Join us at October’s Breakfast Bytes during Cybersecurity Awareness Month for our presentation on Creighton’s cybersecurity tools presented by Bryan McLaughlin and Matt Fiscus from the Information Security Office. They will discuss:
- Proofpoint DLP and TAP (spam filtering and Targeted Attach Prevention)
- JayDrop (secure file transfer)
- Password Managers
- November 15 - Health Sciences Library's One Button Studio - Location: BioInformation Center - One Button Studio - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
The HSL One Button Studio automates the control of lights, microphone, and camera settings, so that all users have to do is insert a thumb drive and push a button to capture their presentation. It comes with two options - laptop attached, or no laptop attached. When a laptop is attached, the screen of the laptop is captured in addition to a reduced image of the presenter(s).
Join us in the One Button Studio to see how this works! Also, Shawn Ammon will discuss how to create playlists and then embed streaming videos into Blueline.