Breakfast Bytes are short technology presentations covering the technology you have in your office, on your computer, or in your classroom. You can enjoy a cup of coffee, donut or muffin, and a breakfast byte of technology. This is an easy, no cost way to increase your understanding of technology.
- Open to the entire Creighton community
- Please note the different times and locations of the sessions.
Upcoming Sessions - Fall 2019 - Save the Dates!
- September 19 - Topic: Social Media - Do's and Don'ts - Location: Skutt 104 - 7:45 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
#SocialMedia. How many characters can I Tweet? Should I share this? Have you asked yourself these questions or wondered about the world of social media? Plan to attend the September Breakfast Bytes to learn the in’s and out’s of social media and learn how to spot fake social media posts.
Chris Carmichael, Web Services/Reference Librarian from ITLS and Elizabeth Hilpipre, Assistant Director from University Relations will give tips and tricks and what to watch out for in using social media.
- October 24 - Topic: Cybersecurity - Location: Harper 3027 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m
Bryan McLaughlin, Director of Creighton’s Information Security Office will address how to identify email phishing attempts and create strong passwords as well as what is being done on campus to protect our information. This session is being held in conjunction with National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. To learn more about cybersecurity awareness go to doit.creighton.edu/NSCAM.
- November 21 - Topic: Classroom Technology in the School of Dentistry - Location: School of Dentistry, Room 407 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Join us in November for Breakfast Bytes on the Road! You will have the opportunity to experience the technology that the Dental School uses in their classrooms. Mark Ramet will give us a tour of the cool technology in Room 407.
Make sure to register for this special presentation!