When returning to campus after a prolonged absence, the Division of Information Technology (IT) is here to help. Here are some things to consider.
Creighton's Reopening Guidelines
The full campus reopening guide for students, faculty and staff is located at Caring for Our Creighton Community.
Loaner Laptops and Other Equipment
Laptop computers and other equipment were loaned to faculty and staff during our time away from campus. Please contact the myIT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the desk in either the Reinert or Health Sciences Library to return the equipment.
Your Creighton Phone/Voicemail
While you were away from the office, you may have forwarded your calls to another number or changed your voicemail message. Don’t forget to change this back when you return to campus.
- Unforward All Calls to from another number or Voicemail (Can be changed through Cisco Call Manager at (402) 280-2500.)
- From your office phone, select a line and press Forward Off.
- Change Voicemail Message (Can be changed through Cisco Call Manager at (402) 280-2500.)
- You have the option to simply change your voicemail to indicate that you are working off-campus and will return their message when you receive it.
- Press the Messages button.
- Enter Password and ID.
- Press 4 for Set-up Options.
- Press 1 to Change a Greeting
- More Information
- For Creighton Office Phones visit doit.creighton.edu/telecommunications.
Safely Cleaning Computers and Electronics
IT provides guidance for how to clean computers, computer accessories, touchscreen devices and electronics that are considered high-touch items. All devices and in shared locations should be frequently cleaned and disinfected following the manufacturer recommendations for specific cleaning requirements.
You may find it helpful to continue to use some of the same technology that you used while working remotely. The Division of IT offers a variety of services to assist with social distancing on campus.
Meet & Chat Online
- Microsoft Teams combines modern online meeting technology with persistent chat, file storage, and collaboration. The full functionality of Teams is available to faculty and staff, but anyone you invite can join a Teams meeting. To get started you can log in to Microsoft Teams from your web browser or download the Teams app from Microsoft. (Teams is only available in Windows 10.)
- Zoom is an online service for live meetings, presentations, and trainings via the Internet and the audio and video from your device (computer, tablet, phone, etc.) You can connect to the conference either via your telephone or your computer. To get started with Zoom sign in at Creighton.zoom.us using your NetID and BluePassword. For more information go to doit.creighton.edu/zoom.
- Skype for Business provides instant messaging (IM), audio and video calls, online meetings, and availability (presence) information. Microsoft is phasing out Skype for Business this year and will replace it with Microsoft Teams. Currently Skype is still available on most campus computers.
- Cisco Jabber allows you to use your computer or a mobile device and an internet connection to instant message, place voice and video calls, share your desktop, and receive calls like a second office phone. What is Jabber?. To get started with Jabber, contact the myIT Service desk at 402-280-1111 or email@example.com or submit a service ticket at myIT.creighton.edu. Creation of your Jabber profile is not instantaneous and may take a few days.
Store Files in the Cloud
When you save your files in One Drive, you can always access the latest version of your files no matter where you're located as long as you're connected to the internet.
Provide Your Course Resources Online
The Creighton Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) has compiled great information and resources to assist faculty to continue teaching in the event of campus closure for inclement weather, widespread illness or other unexpected events.
Record a Lecture or Presentation
BlueCast (or Panopto) allows you to easily record audio, video, and your computer screen, and integrates with your BlueCast Content area in BlueLine (Canvas).
For more technical assistance please contact the myIT Service Desk.
By Phone: Call (402) 280-1111, or 800-329-1011
By Live Chat: Use Jay Bot at doit.creighton.edu
By email anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online anytime: myIT.creighton.edu